In my mind, Item #2 is a can’t miss for any bass fishing person you know. Shimano released their newest version of the highly regarded Curado baitcasting reel. The newest version is the Curado200E7. All reviews I have read have been showering praise for this sweet little green reel. I believe it won best in show at ICAST show this past fall and many other awards!
The new Shimano 200E’s are smaller than 100’s with the capacity of a 200 series with an all Aluminum Frame. It has Lightweight Graphite Sideplates (Aluminum Handle Side on 300 sizes) and a Recessed Reel Foot. Listed below are more features found in the Shimano 200E series
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
- Super Free Bearing Supported Pinion Gear System (SF)
- A7075 Aluminum Magnumlite Spool
- Dartainium Drag
- 7 Bearings • 1 S A-RB BB • 5 Shielded Stainless Steel BB • 1 A-RB Roller Clutch Bearing
- Variable Brake System (VBS) with Reduced Mass Hub
- Super Stopper II
- Assist Stopper
- Drilled Handle Shank
- Septon PV Power Grips (SV on 300 sizes)
- Cold Forged AL Drag Star with Clicking Adjustment
- Titanium IP Line Guide
- 1/8 Turn Easy Access Attached Sideplate
- Metal Cast Control Knob
- Double Anodized Spool and Handle
- Disengaging Levelwind System
- QuickFire II Clutch Bar
- Made in Japan
|Model||Retrieve||Per Crank (in)||Capacity Test/yd||Max Drag (lb)||Ball Bearing||Gear Ratio||Weight (oz)|
|CU200E7||Right||30||8/180, 10/155, 14/110||11.0||5||7.0:1||7.6|
I held on the other night at Cabela’s, it was hard to leave the store with out it, but I thought it would be best to see if I get one for my birthday or Christmas. If I don’t, my friend at Bass Tackle Depot will be hearing from me and I will order it ASAP, maybe a couple of them!!! Im summary, this reel is super smooth, very light and very tough, what more could you ask for???
If this reel is slight out of your budget, check out the very stout Shimano Citica E, its an awesome reel as well, for a few bucks less!
To see the rest of the gift ideas, click on the “Gifts for Bass Fishing Rubes” link on the left sidebar.